Welcome to the annual open social, By now your probably fed up with left over turkey… what better than to grab your new Pike fly rod Santa gave you & give it a test run.
Meet location: Lamb and Flag, Welney. PE14 9RB
Match entry fee: £3.40 to £8.55 ***
Anglers must join the Welney AC £5 for FIVE YEARS & £3 entry fee (minus PPal fees).Book in by & Start: 0800, Finish time: 1400, Presentation at 1430 ish at the meet point.
– Hooks & knot tool from Partridge of Redditch and SPRITE hooks. https://partridge-of-redditch.co.uk/…/pike-predator…/ and https://www.spritehooks.co.uk/products/predator-salt/
– Best Fish – Tying materials from Narwood Fly Fishing. https://www.instagram.com/p/CNniB9ihjaL
– Pike Fly Fishing Association membership for 1 year, or top up your PFFA membership by a year. www.pffa.co.uk
– This is a “Roving Match” with no hooter to tell you when to move.
– Rules for a non-PFFA event.
– Total highest “bag” weight wins.
– Valid Fishing Licence on you if you get asked by EA/Bailiff.
– Suitable bite proofing (wire etc).
– Pike sized landing net.
– Pike sized Unhooking pliers/forceps.
– Buddy system (shout to whoever is nearest) for extra safety & catch validation.
– Only Fly rods/reels/lines can be used on this event.
– Pike flies only, No “spinner Lures” or nose weighted Jigs.
Accommodation in the area.
Lamb & Flag pub has accommodation.
Air BnB is a good place to start with Welney or post code: PE14 9RB.
Make a weekend of it?
The area has several pike rich waters & here are some to have a look at: Cambridge Fish Preservation and Angling Society. www.cambridge-fpas.co.uk
Littleport Angling Assoc www.littleportanglingclub.co.uk
London Angling Assoc www.londonanglers.co.uk
Kings Lynn Angling Assoc https://klaa.co.uk
Welney Angling Club *check if the wash is not flooded* www.welneyanglingclub.co.uk
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFO.
Overhead Power Cables are in the area that you’ll be fishing. You MUST be aware of where your casting while near over head cables & MUST be aware that electricity can JUMP GAPS if your line is close enough!
For more info
Email: email@example.com or text 07880695492 (Call after 5pm)
Join Predator Fly Fishing FB Group: www.facebook.com/groups/predatorflyfishing